Welcome to my stop on the Trying To Score Blog Tour sponsored by Reading Addiction Blog Tours. Please be sure to check out the guest post and enter the giveaway below. You can visit the rest of the tours on the stop here. Please be aware that this is an adult book.
Trying To Score
by Toni Aleo
Published: April 11, 2012
Synopsis: Fallon Parker’s dream was to have her family’s wine company at the top of all wine magazines and to have a cellar of her own. After graduating from college, she has worked hard to make that dream a reality, even if that meant having a nonexistent love life. She had her chance at love and that was a bust, so she put everything into the wine company. After becoming the official sponsor of the Nashville Assassins, Fallon finally feels like everything is falling in place, that is until Lucas Brooks comes back into her life.
Lucas Brooks hates his life. He is lonely, he is sober, and he is angry. On the ice, when he’s not in the sin bin, he the leading scorer in the NHL but off the ice, he is a mess. He threw away the most important person in his life, and has regretted it ever since but when Lucas sees Fallon again after being traded to the Assassins; he is bound and determined to get her back. Even if she wants nothing to do with him.
The sexual tension between Fallon and Lucas is electrifying as Lucas tries to convince Fallon that he is a changed man. Fallon tries to resist Lucas, but it is so hard when all her body wants is his. But when Lucas finds out that Fallon has been keeping a huge secret from him, the game he is playing stops and penalties are called.
With new rules and new players on the ice, will Fallon and Lucas be able to work out their differences and work as a team or will they be left trying to score alone.
My Thoughts: I have to say that this is one of the hottest books I have read lately. Lucas Brooks has been traded to the Assassins and is moving to Nashville. Fallon Parker, also lives in Nashville and her family's wine company sponsors the Nashville Assassins. Fallon and Lucas have a past history together, and she really doesn't want to see him again. It has been seven years since she left Lucas Brooks, seven years since Lucas Brooks broke her heart, but there is another secret that Fallon doesn't want Lucas to find out about, and its a big one. His name is Aiden. Lucas would give anything to have a second chance with Fallon. He does everything he can to win back her trust, only he finds out she has kept a huge secret from him also, and that secrets name is Aiden, and he is 7 years old.
As desperately as Fallon tries to stay away from Lucas, she can't. Lucas Brooks is one super smoking hot guy, and he's a charmer. The chemistry and sexual tension between Lucas and Fallon is intense. The romance is passionate and very sexy. I loved the relationship that develops between Lucas and Aiden, and the ups and downs of the relationship between Fallon and Lucas took me from laughing, to crying, to fanning my face...a lot. I fell in love with this couple and found myself routing for their relationship as they faced one hurdle after another. The story kept me turning pages to see what was going to happen next, and then having to stop and catch my breath in other parts. I thoroughly enjoyed this contemporary romance and I am looking forward to reading more in this series. Trying to Score is a great read and if you like contemporary romance, then you will love this. Please be aware that this is an adult book with adult scenes.
Wanna Be a Hockey Fan?
- Ice Hockey
- Roller Hockey
Crazy hits, amazing plays, rowdy crowds, and amazingly hot guys!
So you want to be a hockey fan? AWESOME!
Here are some things you need to know:
1. We don’t do quarters or half times. We have three 20 minute periods of
awesomeness. In between , there are two 20 minute intermissions.
2. Please do not wear a short little skirt and low cut top, you will freeze. Diehard fans like me will look are you like you are crazy too! Make sure to wear something warm and in team colors.
3. More than likely you will see a fight. These are amazing, enjoy it. Hopefully, someone will draw blood.
4. The Hat Trick is when a player scores 3 goals in the game. When this happens, everyone usually throws their hats on the ice. At the Bridgestone Arena, after the game you can go buy your hat back and the money you give goes to charity.
5. A penalty is when a player does something they’re not supposed to. This will happen quit often and usually leads to a power play for the opposing team.
6. A power play is when one team has a one man advantage while the other team is one man short because he serving his penalty.
7. Hockey fans are loud. So be ready for that.
8. It’s very fast paced. Keep your eye on the puck and scream your little heart out.
9. It gives people a reason to go out and drink on a Wednesday.
10. Before you ask, that big machine thingy that is cleaning the ice is called a Zamboni. Yes, you should want to ride it. It’s so awesome.
11. When the puck is in play, don’t get up and go to the bathroom. For one, its rude, people are trying to watch the game. Plus, what if the puck comes into the crowd and, since you’re the highest, you get hit in the head?
12. Your boyfriend/husband will think you are amazingly hot. It’s a turn on to go to a game with a woman that enjoys the awesomeness of hockey. Just ask my husband. If I was a Red Wing Fan, I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t be able to keep him off me.
Now here is the most important thing you need to know.
The Nashville Predators is the best team in the league. You should cheer for them!
About the Author: I am a wife, mother, and hopeless romantic. I have been told I have anger issues, but I think it’s cause of my intense love for hockey!
I am the biggest Shea Weber fan ever, and can be found during hockey season with my nose pressed against the Bridgestone Arena’s glass, watching my Nashville Predators play!
When my nose isn’t pressed against the glass, I enjoy going to my husband and son’s hockey games, my daughters dance competition, hanging with my best friends, taking pictures, and reading the latest romance novel.
I love things that sparkle, I love the color pink, and did I mention I love hockey?