This is a meme created by Reading and Things for bloggers to talk about their boyfriends and teases their readers with things they've said.
1) Pick a book boyfriend, it can be from the book your currently reading or from one you've already read.
2) Write what kind of boyfriend he is, and if you want, say why you think that.
3) Pick a quote from his book, it could be long or short, that proves he is the kind of boyfriend you said he is
4) Make sure the quote, and the explanation, DO NOT give away anything from the book (we want all of the twists and plot surprises to remain surprises)
5) Share it! And shout it out it using #Reading and Things.
Going Long (Waiting on the Sidelines #2)They fell in love in high school and found their way back to one another despite the odds. But can first loves really be forever? For Reed Johnson, the dream was always football. But then Nolan Lennox took over his heart. Is he willing to give up his first love just to keep his true love? Or will he be too late?
by Ginger Scott
Published: October 1, 2013
Reed and Nolan’s story continues in "Going Long," sequel to "Waiting on the Sidelines."
Quotes:"Nolan. From the moment I met you, I knew you were different You were tough, and hones, and smart, and funny, and beautiful. But you also fit me, like nothing else in my entire life had ever fit before. You are all of my missing pieces....."
“Leaning forward, I kissed her softly. It was our kiss, slow, and patient and tender. She didn’t need to know how sexy I thought she was; she needed to know I still loved her. And this kiss was the only way I knew how.”
"I'm not going to give you any advice. At least, not anything you don't already know. But I would like to tell you what I've learned, what you've taught me. I've learned that sometimes love is hard. Life makes love hard, constantly pushing against you and finding things to throw in your way. And sometimes those things know you down. No...they know the shit out of you, knock you on your ass, isn't that what you siad, Pops?"......"Right. It knocks you on your ass. But then you get up. You get up, because that person, the one you love more than anything on earth....well, putting it bluntly, like my father taught me, they make getting your ass knocked down worth the trouble..."
Waiting on the Sidelines
by Ginger Scott
Published: April 15, 2013